Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Concordia)
Founded at Newton, Kansas in 1883 as a mission from the Rochester community.
Mother-house established at Concordia in 1884 by Mother Mary Stanislaus Leary, assisted by members of the Erie community.
The congregation manages a college for women, academies, high and grade schools, hospitals, a sanitarium, training schools for nurses, an orphanage, and a home for the aged, in the Archdiocese of Chicago, and the dioceses of Concordia, El Paso, Grand Island, Kansas City, Leavenworth, Marquette, and Rockford.
The mother-house is at Concordia.
New Catholic Dictionary