Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Detroit)

Introduced into the diocese in 1889 by sisters of the Ogdensburg community. The novitiate was transferred to Nazareth, Michigan in 1897. The congregation manages a college and academy, a boarding school for small boys, parish schools, an old peoples home, hospitals, a foundling home, and an orphanage, all in the Diocese of Detroit. The mother-house is at Nazareth.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author