Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Erie)

A community founded from the Philadelphia house in 1860 by Mother Agnes Spencer of Carondelet. Villa Maria Academy was made the mother-house for the Erie diocese in 1897. The congregation manages a college and academy, hospitals, a day nursery, an orphanage, a training school for boys, and a home for the aged, besides parochial schools, in the Diocese of Erie.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author