Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Los Angeles-San Diego)
Established in 1912, with novitiate, at Eureka (Diocese of Sacramento), by Mother Bernard Gooselin and nine companions of the Chicago foundation, under the direction of Monsignor L. Kennedy.
Mother-house and novitiate now at Orange (Diocese of Los Angeles-San Diego).
The congregation manages parochial schools, hospitals, and a Chinese mission, in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, and the dioceses of Los Angeles-San Diego and Sacramento.
New Catholic Dictionary