Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Pittsburgh)

Founded in 1869 at Ebensburg (Diocese of Altoona). Mother-house transferred to Baden, Pennsylvania in 1901. The congregation manages grade and high schools, an academy for boys, a preparatory school for the novitiate, a teacher's college, a hospital and dispensary, a training school for nurses, and an infant home in the dioceses of Pittsburgh and Altoona, and a mission in Yuanchow, China.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author