Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Rochester)

Introduced into the diocese from the Buffalo mother-house in 1864. Affiliation with Buffalo was dissolved in 1868, following the division of that diocese. The mother-house later transferred to Pittsford, New York. The sisters manage a teacher's college, an academy, parochial schools, a preparatory school for small boys, a high school, orphanages, a home for the aged, and a hospital, all in the Diocese of Rochester.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author