Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Wichita)
First founded from Concordia in 1887 at Abllene, Kansas, then in the Diocese of Leavenworth.
The mother-house was erected in 1888, transferred to Parsons in 1896, which, by a redivision of the Kansas dioceses, came under the Diocese of Wichita in 1897; mother-house again transferred about 1900 to the city of Wichita where it is still located.
The Community has includes an academy, parochial schools, hospitals, training schools for nurses, and a sanitarium, in the dioceses of Wichita, Denver, and Oklahoma.
New Catholic Dictionary