Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet
Established in 1836 by six sisters from the rnother-house at Lyons, at the request of Bishop Rosati of Saint Louis, Missouri.
The chief power of administration is in the hands of a superior-general, residing at Saint Louis.
The congregation, comprising five provinces (Saint Louis, Saint Paul, Troy, Los Angeles, and Augusta) in 26 archdioceses and dioceses of the United States includes colleges, academies, diocesan high schools, Indian and deaf-mute schools, hospitals, orphan. ages, infant homes, day nursery, and home for the friendless, besides parochial schools attended by the sisters.
New Catholic Dictionary