Sisters of Saint Joseph of Cluny

Religious congregation founded by Blessed Anne Marie Javouhey at Seurre, France in 1798 for educating the young, nursing the sick, and caring for orphans. The congregation manages schools, hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, sanitariums, insane asylums, and orphanages, in France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, India, Ceylon, Africa, Madagascar, the Seychelles Islands, Nossi-Be, Reunion, the West Indies, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, French Guiana, Chile, Peru, and Oceania. The mother-house is in Paris.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author