Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Apparition

A religious congregation founded at Gaillac, France in 1832 by Emilie de Vialar for the education of children, the care of the sick, and various kinds of charitable works in the missions. The constitutions are adapted to the Rule of Saint Augustine. The congregation has approximately houses, include schools, hospitals, and dispensaries in France, Italy, Malta, Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus, Crete, Chios, Syria, Palestine, Turkey, Armenia, Africa, Burma, and Australia. The mother-house is at Marseilles.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author