Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

A purely Australian congregation founded at Penola, South Australia in 1866 by Father Julian Tennison Woods and Blessed Mary Mackillop. The sisters did pioneer missionary work in Australia, and engage in various kinds of charitable works. The congregation has over 140 houses, including schools, in Australia and New Zealand. The mother-house is at Sydney.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author