Sisters of the Holy Cross and of the Seven Dolors

A branch of the Sisters Marianites of the Holy Cross founded by Blessed Basile Moreau at Le Mans, France in 1841. The sisters were recognized as a distinct congregation in 1883. Their object is the instruction of children. The congregation has house in Canada and the United States, and a mission in Bengal. The mother-house is at Saint Laurent, near Montreal, Canada.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author