Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary

A religious congregation founded at Longueuil, Quebec, under the patronage of Bishop Bourgot of Montreal in 1843 for the Christian education of youth. The order has 188 houses including schools and teacher colleges in Canada and the United States. The mother-house was transferred to Outremont, Montreal, in 1925.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author