Sisters of the Most Holy Cross and Passion
A second order of Passionist Nuns, founded in Manchester, England by Father Gaudentius Rossi in 1850.
The primary purpose of the congregation was to provide homes for working girls in the manufacturing towns of England.
In 1874 the sisters petitioned to be affiliated with the Congregation of the Passionists, and in time became the second and active branch of the Passionist Nuns, receiving final approbation in 1887.
The sisters also teach and visit the sick.
The congregation includes homes and orphanages, in England, Scotland, Ireland, the United States, Chile, and Argentina.
The mother-house is at Bolton, England.
New Catholic Dictionary