Sisters of the Precious Blood (Maria Stein)
Founded in Grisons, Switzerland in 1833 by Maria Anna Brunner and her son, Father Francis de Sales Brunner, with Rule based on that of Saint Benedict; revised in 1886.
Through the congregation of Priests of the Precious Blood, to which they were affiliated, the sisters were enabled to make a permanent foundation in America at New Riegel, Ohio, and in 1886 they became an independent community.
They have been identified as the "Maria Stein" community of Sisters of the Precious Blood from the location, for some years, of their mother-house at Maria Stein, Ohio.
The present mother-house is at Salem Heights, Dayton, Ohio.
The sisters conduct schools (boarding and day), a sanitarium, orphanages, and a home for the aged, in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, and the dioceses of Cleveland, Fort Wayne, Kansas City, Monterey-Fresno, Saint Joseph, Toledo, and Tucson.
New Catholic Dictionary