Sisters of the Divine Saviour

A congregation founded in Rome, Italy in 1888 by Father John Baptist Jordan to supplement the work of the Salvatorian Fathers. They follow the Third Rule of Saint Francis and their aim is religious enlightenment. The congregation includes schools, homes for aged women, industrial schools for women; they nurse the sick in hospitals and in their own homes. The mother-house is in Rome, and they are established in Italy, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Belgium, and China.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author