Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the form of a statue of Mary and the Christ Child that was washed up at a Mercedarian monastery near Cagliari, Italy on 25 April 1370, apparently from a shipwreck the night before. Legend says that the locals tried to open the crate it was in, but only one of the Mercedarian monks could get the it open.
- Blessed Virgin Mary
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Medieval Religion Listserv, by John Dillon
- Modern Catholic Dictionary, by Father John Hardon
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Roman Catholic Saints
- “Our Lady of Bonaria“. Saints.SQPN.com. 23 April 2013. Web. 4 March 2015. <>