Priest in Rome, Italy. Arrested with Saint Abundantius for refusing to sacrifice to Hercules. Tortured at Mammertine prison, and condemned to death for their Christianity. On the way to execution the two passed Senator Marcian who was grieving over his son John who had just died. Abundius prayed over John, and the boy returned to life; Marcian and John converted to Christianity on the spot. Martyr.
- man bringing a dead boy back to life while other people, including guards, look on
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Dictionary of Saints, by John Delaney
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Abundius the Priest“. Saints.SQPN.com. 15 September 2013. Web. 12 July 2014. <>