Born to a wealthy family, Amatus was orphaned when very young and grew up in the home of his older brother Giacomo. Feeling a call to live according to the gospel, he devoted himself to caring for the poor and helping pilgrims. Franciscan tertiary. Constructed combination chapel and shelters for pilgrims including the Beato Amato Ronconi Nursing Home which still exists. Made four pilgrimages to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. Benedictine lay brother.
- 8 May 1292 in Saludécio, Rimini, Italy of natural causes
- interred in the chapel shelters he had built
- relics transferred to the Pieve di San Biagio in May 1330 after the chapel shelters were destroyed by fire
- 17 April 1776 by Pope Pius VI (cultus confirmation)
- 9 October 2013 by Pope Francis (decree of heroic virtues)
- “Saint Amatus Ronconi“. Saints.SQPN.com. 12 June 2014. Web. 30 January 2015. <>