Jewish, the daughter of Phanuel, tribe of Aser. Married at age fourteen; widowed at twenty-one. At age 72 she was charged with the care of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the Temple from her presentation there at age three until her betrothal to Saint Joseph. She was in attendance at the Temple when Jesus was presented. Having all her life believed in the prophecies of the Old Testament, she was the only woman in the Temple to greet Jesus.
- 1st century BC
- 1st century of natural causes
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Saints to Remember, by the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- “Saint Anna the Prophetess“. Saints.SQPN.com. 29 January 2014. Web. 28 August 2014. <>