Chancellor at the court of King Clotaire III. Married; with his wife’s permission, he retired to become a Benedictine monk at Fontenelle in Normandy, France. Abbot of Fontenelle. Archbishop of Rouen, France in 683. Exiled to Hainaut by Pepin of Heristal.
- at Chaussy-sur-Epte, France
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Heiligen 3s
- Kirken i Norge
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Ansbert of Rouen“. Saints.SQPN.com. 8 February 2013. Web. 12 December 2013. <>