Son of Saint Isychius. Elder brother of Saint Avitus of Vienne. Bishop of Valence, France in 486 after a long vacancy in the diocese, and Apollinaris exhausted himself in reforming abuses and re-vitalizing the faith. Exiled by King Sigismund for political reasons, but allowed to return when he miraculously healed the king.
- c.520 of natural causes
- interred in the cathedral in Valence, France
- relics thrown into the River Rhone and destroyed by Huguenots in the 16th century
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Apollinaris of Valence“. Saints.SQPN.com. 6 October 2013. Web. 13 December 2013. <>