Christian ordered to sacrifice to pagan idols during the persecutions of Diocletian. Thinking that Saint Philemon of Antinoë was a pagan, he asked him to switch clothes and offer the sacrifice in his place. Philemon announced in front of the pagans that he was a Christian, too. Shamed, Apollonius confessed his faith, was tortured and executed. Martyr.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Heiligen 3s
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Orthodox Church in America
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Apollonius of Antinoë“. Saints.SQPN.com. 7 March 2013. Web. 4 December 2013. <>