- Apollonius the Martyr
- Apollonius of Rome
- 18 April (Jerome’s Martyrology)
- 21 April (Roman Martyrology)
- 23 July (Constantinople Martyrology)
- 10 March on some calendars
- 8 April on some calendars
- 10 April on some calendars
Imperial Roman senator and scholar. After studying pagan philosophy and the Scriptures, he converted to Christianity during a period the faith was banned, but little effort was put into persecution. Denounced to the authorities as a Christian by one of his slaves, Apollonius was ordered to renounced his faith. He refused. Delivered an eloquent defense of the faith before the Senate. Martyr.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Kirken i Norge
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
O Lord Jesus Christ, grant us a measure of your Spirit. Help us to
obey your teaching,
cast off sorrow,
and not be afraid of death.
Let us ever entrust our spirit to the everlasting God who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and rules forever and ever. Amen.
- “Saint Apollonius the Apologist“. Saints.SQPN.com. 18 April 2013. Web. 21 May 2013. <>