- Bartholomew of Grottaferrata
- Bartolomeo il Giovane
Son of Greek immigrants to Italy. Spiritual student of Saint Nilus of Rossano. Monk at the monastery of Grottaferrata, Frascati, Italy, a house with Greek Rites and Basilian Rule. Abbot at Grottaferrata for forty years, completing the construction and other work started by Nilus, work that turned the monastery into a center of education and manuscript copying, and so extensive that he is often listed as the founder of the house. Hymn writer. Skilled calligrapher. Responsible for persuading the corrupt Pope Benedict IX to resign the papacy, reform his life, become a monk, and do penance at Grottaferrata.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Esarchico Monastery of Santa Maria di Grottaferrata
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Bartholomew of Rossano“. Saints.SQPN.com. 10 November 2013. Web. 27 August 2014. <>