- Caesarius of Terracina
- Cesario of….
- Cesareo of….
Deacon of an African church. During a visit to Italy, he witnessed a pagan celebration of Apollo; Caesarius objected to the human sacrifice it involved. For his interference, he was imprisoned for two years, and then for his faith he was martyred with Saint Julian.
- tied into a sack and thrown into the sea to drown at Pisco Montano, Terracina, Italy, date unknown
- body recovered and buried near Terracina
- in the 4th century, Emperor Valentinian was cured at the shrine of Caesarius at Terracina
- relics translated to a church on the Palatine Hill, Rome, Italy by order of the emperor Valentinian
- relics translated to the church of San Cesareo in Palatio, Appian Way, Rome
- “Saint Caesarius of Africa“. Saints.SQPN.com. 18 December 2014. Web. 23 December 2014. <>