- Giolla Iosa
- Gilla Meic Liac mac Diarmata
Son of the Irish poet Diarmaid. Abbot in Derry, Ireland for 16 years. Archbishop of Armagh, Ireland in 1138; he served for 36 years. First Irish bishop to receive the pallium. Rebuilt the cathedral of Armagh. As the primate bishop of Ireland, Gelasius travelled widely, preaching to the faithful, re-building old monasteries, convening synods, encouraging teachers. Ordained Saint Lawrence O’Toole as archbishop of Dublin in 1162. Convened a synod in Armagh in 1170 to look for a way to defend against invading Anglo-Normans.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Katherine Rabenstein
- One Year Book of Saints, by Father Clifford Stevens
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Gelasius of Armagh“. Saints.SQPN.com. 23 June 2013. Web. 25 October 2014. <>