Governor and leading citizen in the area of Autun, France. Married, and the father of Saint Tertricus of Langres. Great-uncle of Saint Gregory of Tours. Widower; after his wife’s death, he devoted himself to God. Priest. Reluctant bishop of Langres, France at age 57. Though he was known as a strict and severe civil authority, he was a gentle, understanding and charitable minister.
- 539 of natural causes
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Pictorial Lives of the Saints
- “Saint Gregory of Langres“. Saints.SQPN.com. 26 July 2013. Web. 13 December 2013. <>