Summoned by authorities to answer a charge of Christianity in the persecutions of Decius, Julian was too crippled with gout to walk there. He was carried to court by two Christian servants, one of whom apostacized; the other was Saint Cronion Eunus. Martyred with Saint Cronion and Saint Besas of Alexandria. Their story is recorded by Saint Dionysius of Alexandria.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Medieval Religion Listserv, by John Dillon
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Julian of Alexandria“. Saints.SQPN.com. 26 February 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. <>