Archbishop of Milan, Italy c.439, a time when invading Ostrogoths controlled the area. May have developed and certainly popularized the Rogationtide litanies; originally devised to ask for protection from the Ostrogoths, over time the devotion spread throughout Europe. His February feast day is due to the Milanese custom of not celebrating saint days during Lent.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Dominican Adaptations from the Catalogus Hagiographicus OP
- Medieval Religion Listserv, by John Dillon
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Roman Martyrology
- “Saint Lazarus of Milan“. Saints.SQPN.com. 17 February 2014. Web. 10 July 2014. <>