Raised in a pious family. Bishop of Rouen, France. Evangelist in Navarre and the Basque regions. Martyred by Saracen pirates. Legend says that a spring of water sprang up where he died, and that his body carried his severed head back to the place of his last sermon before finally collapsing.
- bishop holding his severed head in his hands
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Sabine Baring Gould
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Leo of Rouen”. Saints.SQPN.com. 25 February 2010. Web. 18 May 2013. <http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-leo-of-rouen/>