Christian woman in a time persecution by emperor Antoninus Pius and governor Antiochus, she was twice taken into pagan temples and ordered to make sacrfices to idols; the idols would topple over. Her captors gave up, tortured and then executed her. Martyr.
- beheaded in the 2nd century at Marcianopolis, Thrace (in modern Greece
- relics enshrined on Lemnos Island in the Aegean Sea
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Roman Martyrology
- “Saint Melitina“. Saints.SQPN.com. 15 September 2013. Web. 12 December 2013. <>