- Mellitus of London
Abbot of Saint Andrew’s Abbey on the Coelian Hill in Rome, Italy. Sent by Pope Saint Gregory the Great as a missionary to England in 601. Worked for three years in Kent. Bishop of London, England in 604. Exiled to France for refusing to give Communion to apostates. Recalled to serve as Archbishop of Canterbury, England in 619.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Medieval Religion Listserv, by John Dillon
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Roman Martyrology
- “Saint Mellitus of Canterbury“. Saints.SQPN.com. 23 April 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. <>