Priest. Hermit. Meriadoc’s reputation for holiness spread, and he was chosen reluctant bishop of in Brittany (in modern France). He hated to give up his life of solitude, but was a good shepherd to his people, especially noted for his charity to the poor.
- Brittany (part of modern France)
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Meriadoc II of Vannes“. Saints.SQPN.com. 7 June 2013. Web. 6 December 2013. <>