Sister of Saint Urith and Saint Juthwara. Virgin-martyr, murdered by reapers at the instigation of the girl’s step-mother.
- beheaded with a scythe, date unknown
- a well sprang up at the site of her martyrdom, and its waters were reputed to heal
- buried outside the city of Exeter, England
- her grave became a place of pilgrimage and healing
- the church of Saint Sidwell still exists and was re-built following bombings in World War II
- “Saint Sidwell”. Saints.SQPN.com. 1 May 2012. Web. 6 December 2013. <http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-sidwell/>