Born to a poor but pius farm family. Spiritual student of Saint Israel of Limoges at Dorat, France. Augustinian canon. Ordained a deacon, he considered himself unworthy of the priesthood. Treasurer and sacristan of the churches in Dorat. Had a ministry to the sick and the poor. Teacher and spiritual director of Saint Gauthier.
- 6 November 1070 of natural causes
- relics enshrined in the collegiate church of Dorat next to Saint Israel of Limoges
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- La fête des prénoms
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Theobald of Dorat“. Saints.SQPN.com. 6 November 2013. Web. 25 July 2014. <>