Brother of Saint Valerian. Convert to Christianity. Ministered to Christians imprisoned for their faith. Arrested and tortured for their ministry. Offered his freedom if he would sacrifice to pagan idols; he declined. Martyr.
- beaten to death in 3rd century Rome, Italy
- legend says that a violent storm broke out as they died, leading to the patronage against storms
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Kirken i Norge
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Tiburtius“. Saints.SQPN.com. 15 April 2013. Web. 8 December 2013. <>