Born to the Italian nobility. Priest. Taught theology. He lived in constant danger working with the sick during a cholera epidemic. Highly successful fund-raiser for charities for the poor. Founded guilds for workers, agricultural schools, loan associations, orphanages and homes for girls. Felt a strong calling to bring Christ to Muslims, and founded a program to incorporate lay people in the apostolate of priests. Founded the Pious Society of Missions (Pallottines) for urban mission work. Started the special observance of the Octave of Epiphany for the reunion of the Eastern and Roman Churches, and the return of the Church in England.
- 22 January 1850 in Rome, Italy from a severe cold
- probably caught the fatal illness on a cold rainy night when he gave his cloak to a beggar who had none
- Prayer to Saint Vincent Pallotti
- Prayer of Saint Vincent Pallotti to Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Apostolic Prayer of Saint Vincent Pallotti
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Online
- L’Osservatore Romano
- New Catholic Dictionary: Saint Vincent Pallotti
- New Catholic Dictionary: Pallottines
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Santi e Beati
Since God is perfect in loving man, man must be perfect in loving his neighbor. - Saint Vincent Pallotti
Not the goods of the world, but God.
Not riches, but God.
Not honors, but God.
Not distinction, but God.
Not dignities, but God.
Not advancement, but God.
God always and in everything.
- Saint Vincent Pallotti
Remember that the Christian life is one of action; not of speech and daydreams. Let there be few words and many deeds, and let them be done will. - Saint Vincent Pallotti
- “Saint Vincent Pallotti“. Saints.SQPN.com. 21 January 2014. Web. 21 April 2014. <>