- Vandrille of Fontenelle
- Wandregisel of Fontenelle
- Wandregisilus of Fontenelle
Member of the court of King Dagobert I. Married. Pilgrim to Rome, Italy, his wife became a nun and Wandrille became a monk at Montfaucon, Switzerland. Spiritual student of Saint Balderic. Hermit at Saint-Ursanne, Jura, France. Monk in Bobbio, Italy. Priest, ordained by Saint Ouen of Rouen. Founded the Abbey of Fontenelle in Normandy, France in 657.
- during the Viking invasions, Wandrille’s relics were dispersed to assorted church and abbeys
- in the 19th century his skull was found in storage in Liège, Belgium
- skull returned to the Fontenelle Abbey‘s new church in 1967
- “Saint Wandrille of Fontenelle”. Saints.SQPN.com. 21 July 2010. Web. 21 May 2013. <http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-wandrille-of-fontenelle/>