Blessed Daudi Okelo
- Also known as
- David Okelo
- 18 October
- Convert at about age fifteen.
Catechist with Blessed Jildo Irwa.
Local chiefs demanded that the two of them stop teaching the Gospel; they refused.
- c.1902 in Payira, Kitgum, Ugandan, Acholi tribe
- speared and knifed to death on 18 October 1918 in Palamuku, Uganda;
the place of his death has been called Wi-Polo (In Heaven)
- 23 April 2002 by Pope John Paul II
- 20 October 2002 by Pope John Paul II
if you have information relevant to the canonization of Blessed Daudi, contact:
P.O. Box 200
- Additional Information
L'Osservatore Romano acholian
L'Osservatore Romano français
L'Osservatore Romano italiano
L'Osservatore Romano português
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português