Saint Francis Ferdinand de Capillas
28 September as one of the Martyrs of China
6 November (Dominicans as one of their Martyrs of the Far East)
- Joined the Dominicans in Valladolid, Spain.
Missionary to China.
He made so many converts in Fu-kien that local officials arrested him as a spy.
Considered the proto-martyr of the Martyrs of China.
- 11 August 1607 in Baquerín de Campos, Palencia, Old Castile, Spain
- beheaded on 15 January 1648 in Fu’an, Fujian, China
- 2 August 1908
- 2 May 1909 by Pope Pius X
- 1 October 2000 by Pope John Paul II
- Additional Information
- Kirken i Norge - norwegian
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português