Blessed George Douglas
22 November as one of the Martyrs of England, Scotland, and Wales
- Studied in Paris, France.
Ministered to covert Catholics in England.
Arrested in York and martyred for the crime of being a priest.
One of the Martyrs of England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- hanged, drawn, and quartered in 1587 in York, England
- Name Meaning
- from the dark water (Scottish Gaelic)
- 10 November 1986 by Pope John Paul II
- 22 November 1987 by Pope John Paul II
- Additional Information
Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
Our Sunday Visitor's Encyclopedia of Saints, by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, and Stephen Bunson
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português