Saint John Soan de Goto
- Also known as
John Soan of Goto
John de Goto
John of Goto
- 6 February
- Raised Christian.
He and his family fled to Nagasaki to escape persecution on the Goto Islands.
Studied with the Jesuits at Nagasaki and Shiki.
Catechist at Osaka, Japan.
One of the Martyrs of Nagasaki.
- c.1578 in the Goto Islands, Japan
- crucified on 5 February 1597 at Nagasaki, Japan
- Name Meaning
- God is gracious; gift of God (John)
- 14 September 1627 by Pope Urban VIII
- 8 June 1862 by Pope Pius IX
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português