Blessed Magdalen Panattieri
- Also known as
- Mary Magdalen Panattieri
- 13 October
- Tertiary of the Sisters of Penance of Saint Dominic at age 20.
Had a great devotion to Saint Catherine of Siena.
She continued to live at with her family, devoting her days to prayer, care for the poor and young children.
Gave talks to groups of lay people and children, then later to priests and religious.
Received the stigmata, but kept it quiet.
Noted for her simple innocence and piety, public devotion started spontaneously soon after her death.
- 1443 at Turino, diocese of Vercelli, Piedmont, Italy
- 13 October 1503 at Turino, Italy of natural causes
- by Pope Leo XII (cultus confirmed)
- Faithful God, you forsake no one who trusts in you and in your mercy hear the prayers of the devout.
Through the help of Blessed Magdalen may we receive what we cannot obtain of ourselves.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
- General Calendar of the Order of Preachers
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português