Blessed Margaret Ebner
- Also known as
Mystic of Medingen
- 20 June
- Born wealthy.
Received a thorough classical education at home.
Dominican nun at Maria-Medingen convent in 1306.
Dangerously ill from 1312 to 1322 during which she was sent home to recover, and during which she began receiving visions, revelations and prophies.
Visited by the Infant Christ.
Spiritual student of Father Henry of Nördlingen from 1332 to her death.
Their correspondence is the first collection of its kind in German.
At his command she wrote a full account of her mystic experiences.
- 1291 at Donauworth, Germany
- 20 July 1351 at Medingen, Germany of natural causes
- 24 February 1979 by Pope John Paul II, the first beatification of his pontificate
- O God, source of all goodness, you enkindled within Blessed Margaret the fire of the Holy Spirit and drew her into the secrets of your divine love.
By the help of her prayers and filled with that same Spirit may we come to you by the paths of Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
- General Calendar of the Order of Preachers
- Additional Information
- Kirken i Norge [norwegian]
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português