Saint Marie Adolphine Dierks
- Also known as
- Anne-Catherine Dierks
8 July as one of the Martyrs of Shanxi
28 September of one of the Martyrs of China
- One of six children in a very poor family.
Her mother died when Anne was still quite young, and the children were raised by equally poor neighbors.
Known as a child to be dedicated to her studies and her prayers.
Worked in a factory, and then as a domestic servant.
Joined the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.
Missionary to China.
Died in a crackdown on foreign missionaries during the Boxer Rebellion.
One of the Martyrs of Shanxi and the Martyrs of China.
- 8 March 1866 in Holland as Anne-Catherine
- beheaded on 9 July 1900 at Taiyuanfu, China
- 24 November 1946 by Pope Pius XII
- 1 October 2000 by Pope John Paul II in Rome
- Additional Information
- Chinese Martyrs Catholic Church
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português