Saint Martin of the Ascension
- Also known as
Martin Loynaz de Aguirre
Martin de Aguirre
Martin Loynaz of the Ascension
- 6 February
- Studied in Alcala, Spain.
Joined the Franciscans in 1586.
Loved to sing.
Missionary to Mexico.
Missionary to Manila in the Philippines.
Briefly served as missionary in Osaka, Japan.
One of the Martyrs of Nagasaki.
- c.1567 at Guipuzcoa, Spain
- crucified on 5 February 1597 at Tateyama (Hill of Wheat), Nagasaki, Japan
- 14 September 1627 by Pope Urban VIII
- 8 June 1862 by Pope Pius IX
- Additional Information
Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
Dictionary of Saints, by John Delaney
Our Sunday Visitor's Encyclopedia of Saints, by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, and Stephen Bunson
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português