Saint Simon of Lipnicza
- Also known as
- Szymon of Lipnica
- 18 July;
15 July or 30 July on some calendars
- Simon early felt drawn to religious life.
After hearing a sermon by Saint John Capistran, he joined the Franciscan Friars Minors (Observants).
Known as a powerful preacher.
Died tending the sick during a plague epidemic.
- c.1437 in Lipnica Murowana, Malopolskie, Poland
- 18 July 1482 in Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland during a plague epidemic
24 February 1685 (cultus confirmed) by Blessed Pope Innocent XI
re-confirmed on 20 December 2005 by Pope Benedict XVI
- 3 June 2007 by Pope Benedict XVI at Saint Peter's Basilica, Rome, Italy
- Franciscan giving food to a poor man
- Additional Information
15th-Century Franciscan to Be Canonized
Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
For All The Saints, by Katherine Rabenstein
Kirken i Norge - norwegian
Our Sunday Visitor's Encyclopedia of Saints, by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, and Stephen Bunson
español | français | deutsch | italiano | português