PERSONAL RECOLLECTIONS OF JOAN OF ARC
freely translated out of the ancient French into modern English from the original unpublished manuscript in the National Archives of France
THE SIEUR LOUIS DE CONTE
her page and secretary
by JEAN FRANÇOIS ALDEN
in reality, a novel by Mark Twan
- When Wolves Ran Free in Paris
- The Faëry Tree of Domremy
- All Aflame with Love of France
- Joan Tames the Mad Man
- Domremy Pillaged and Burned
- Joan and Archangel Michael
- She Delivers the Divine Command
- Why the Scorners Relented
- Joan Says Good-By
- The Governor Speeds Joan
- The Paladin Groans and Boasts
- Joan Leads Us Through the Enemy
- We Pierce the Last Ambuscades
- Joan Convinces the King
- Our Paladin in His Glory
- Joan Persuades the Inquisitors
- She Is Made General-in-Chief
- The Maid's Sword and Banner
- The War March Is Begun
- Joan Puts Heart in Her Army
- Checked by the Folly of the Wise
- What the English Answered
- My Exquisite Poem Goes to Smash
- The Finding of the Dwarf
- Sweet Fruit of Bitter Truth
- Joan's First Battle-Field
- We Burst In Upon Ghosts
- Joan Makes Cowards Brave Victors
- She Gently Reproves Her Dear Friend
- The Fate of France Decided
- Joan Inspires the Tawdry King
- Tinsel Trappings of Nobility
- At Last - Forward!
- The Last Doubts Scattered
- How Joan Took Jargeau
- Joan Foretells Her Doom
- Fierce Talbot Reconsiders
- The Red Field of Patay
- France Begins to Live Again
- The Joyous News Flies Fast
- Joan's Five Great Deeds
- The Jests of the Burgundians
- The Heir of France is Crowned
- Joan Hears News from Home
- Again to Arms
- The King Cries "Forward!"
- We Win, but the King Balks
- Treachery Conquers Joan
- The Maid Will March No More
Consider this unique and imposing distinction. Since the writing of human history began, Joan of Arc is the only person, of either sex, who has ever held supreme command of the military forces of a nation at the age of seventeen.
- The Maid in Chains
- Joan Sold to the English
- Weaving the Net About Her
- All Ready to Condemn
- Fifty Experts Against a Novice
- The Maid Baffles Her Persecutors
- Craft That Was in Vain
- Joan Tells of Her Visions
- Her Sure Deliverance Foretold
- The Inquisitors at Their Wit's End
- The Court Reorganized for Assassination
- Joan's Master-Stroke Diverted
- The Third Trial Fails
- Joan Struggles with Her Twelve Lies
- Undaunted by Threat of Burning
- Joan Stands Defiant Before the Rack
- Supreme in Direst Peril
- Condemned Yet Unafraid
- Our Last Hopes of Rescue Fail
- The Betrayal
- Respited Only for Torture
- Joan Gives the Fatal Answer
- The Time Is at Hand
- Joan the Martyr
Authorities examined in verification of the truthfulness of this narrative:
J. E. J. QUICHERAT, Condamnation et Réhabilitation de Jeanne d'Arc.
J. FABRE, Procès de Condamnation de Jeanne d'Arc.
H. A. WALLON, Jeanne d'Arc.
M. SEPET, Jeanne d'Arc.
J. MICHELET, Jeanne d'Arc.
BERRIAT DE SAINT-PRIX, La Famille de Jeanne d'Arc.
La Comtesse A. DE CHABANNES, La Vierge Lorraine.
Monseigneur RICARD, Jeanne d'Arc la Vénérable.
Lord RONALD GOWER, F.S.A., Joan of Arc.
JOHN O'HAGAN, Joan of Arc.
JANET TUCKEY, Joan of Arc the Maid.